What is data digitization? This is the company's first digital transformation. Your company uses scanning software to extract, collect data, and then automatically send that data to your business applications for direct use. These data are also classified, organized according to your own rules in a GED (electronic document management) solution for structured storage of your files.
Understanding data digitization
If individuals can scan a document or an image to reuse them as they were, professionals will be interested in looking at document scanning from a data perspective.
Document scanning enabled by dedicated software, means:
- The act of copying and converting an entire document from a paper format to a digitized file format, called digital, is usable on computers and on the Internet;
- The act of collecting data of a document, whether in paper or digital format, extracting them according to its own rules in order to send them to third-party applications on the Internet or on its computer to use in it;
- The act of recognizing and classifying digitized documents according to their own storage criteria in an online document repository for legal preservation and archiving.
Note: most of the time, the information scanned is text and images. In some industries, digitized data can be audio or video, moving pictures with audio tapes.
Dematerialization refers to the digitization of work processes and methods within a company. In other words, employees no longer process (or increasingly less) paper to use software and the Internet to use data more efficiently.
Here are concrete examples of successful business dematerialization:
- employees use digital documents from which they can extract a piece of data to perform a specific task;
- a content management system that centralizes all the company's digital documents in an orderly manner, so that each business can easily find the necessary documents;
- each business professional uses documents or a piece of data by entering information into the software to perform their duties;
- the processing and use of information and documents are reasonably arranged;
- employees improve working process to save time, be more efficient;
- the whole company witness their productivity increasesthe company also saves on physical storage space, formerly dedicated to storing paper documents;
Data collection and extraction at the heart of digitization
The digitization of data allows the dematerialization of processes and the acceleration of information processing. The relationship with the data completely changes the established order that the data is collected, extracted, sent to the software of choice and used in real time.
Digitizing documents and collecting data allows dematerialization, but these are not the only components.
The automation of digitization makes it possible today: to restore identical data quality, eliminate errors caused by manual entry, to mine data like never before, and to improve internal or external exchanges.
Advantages of data digitization
Data digitization brings many advantages to companies in all fields.
The first advantage of digital data for companies is the dematerialization of invoices:
- You avoid having to manually encode each invoice: This process is automated. The scanning software automatically recognizes and extracts relevant information.
- You record each invoice in the accounts right from the data capture stage. The information is used and enriches the accounting entries according to the rules that you have established.
- You then export the invoice in a PDF format, such as for archiving, a format that is supplemented with metadata that allows you to find the document if needed.
- You save 50% of processing costs and save management time.
We detail the various advantages of digital data in the following table according to your industry.
Benefits of data digitization for businesses
|Field of operation
- Automatically identifying and extracting information on identity cards, passports, driving licenses and car insurance certificates.
- There is no manual entry for the operator.
- There is no form to complete for the client.
- Working with the front desk
- Telecom operator
- Car rental office
- Real estate office
- Public area
- Centralizing and securing personal data extracted from identity card, passport, credit card.
- Better customer reception reduce waiting time.
- Automating the scanning and sorting process related to issued care certificates, insurance affiliated certificates.
- Healthcare services
- Companies in the medical field
- Quickly handle administrative tasks.
- Opening and managing customer accounts faster.
- Increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty.
|- Branches of hotel
- Saving time and increasing productivity
- Better service and better customer support (customers don't wait longer).
- Stopping copying.
|Phone and telecommunications stores
- Speeding up administrative procedures.
- Sharing information with all agencies in the network.
- Increasing responsiveness and improving customer service.
|- Car rental agency network or other vehicles
- Recording answers from paper forms or emails
- Automatically entering answers into specialized software for analysis.
- Reducing processing costs.
- Eliminating manual processes and manual input errors.
- State agency
- Local government
- Centralized management of delivery and shipping vouchers.
- Extracting data to edit invoices automatically.
- Invoicing and collecting money faster.
- Cash flow is optimized.
- Saving time by eliminating manual procedures.
- The dematerialized storage feature makes it possible to find documents instantly.
|- Logistics (delivery by truck, rail, sea or air, etc.)
- Exporting, categorizing and using data to business applications like SharePoint, Microsoft, Oracle, etc.
- Accessing and using data instantly.
- Safe centralization of documents.
- Storing and searching quickly.
|- Any type of business using software like ERP, CRM, BPM, online accounting solution, etc.
It can be seen that the main advantage of data digitization is to improve the processing of information and make it accessible in real time. But at the same time, companies also face the main challenge of continuing the race in the ever-evolving digital market, where things are accelerating. To improve the quality of data digitization process for your organizations and businesses, do not hesitate to contact ZinPro via Hotline 0835-299-922.